Hiking and climbing in the Alps
in your holidays on the lake Ossiach in Carinthia
Hiking belongs to the most healthy activities and has a wonderful decelerating effect. Around the Hotel SeeRose you can follow the wanderlust just as the fancy takes you - hiking to the summit, unhurried family hike or crisp fixed-rope route.
Capture the Alps in all their beauty
Enthusiastic hikers and mountain climbers enjoy our region with real pleasure. Peter PĂ¶lzl who for years has been experiencing the wonderful Carinthian mountain regions would like to take you to guided hikes in the valley, to enjoyable tours through the nature park Nockberge or to the breathtaking mountain experiences and demanding fixed rope routes adventures in the Mountains High Tauern.
The hiking services at the Hotel SeeRose
- Guided hiking tours and mountain hikes with Peter
- Fixed rope routes with Peter (only for trained persons)
- Journey to the guided tours with the hotelâ€™s own bus
- Insiders tips for the most beautiful tours and inns for a relaxing break
- For guests that do not have experience with fixed rope routes we are pleased to organise a training at the â€śAlpinschule Sepp Egarterâ€ť in the rock climbing center Kanzianiberg on the Lake Faaker See.
The most popular tours of our current programme
- Waterways touring: Family touring on the Ossiacher See - Holiday Regionâ€™s valley bottom, voyage included
- Childrenâ€™s hike: â€śIn the search of the water buffaloâ€ť: exciting 4 km hike to the three waterfalls in the neighbouring place Sattendorf, return voyage with the ship
- Enjoyable tour National Park Nockberge: from the â€śKohlweiĂźhĂĽtteâ€ť (â€śKohlweiĂź hutâ€ť) that is situated above 1500 m sea level to the Mirnock (2110 m) where we can enjoy a splendid view of the Lakes MillstĂ¤tter See, Afritzer See and Feldsee.
- ReiĂźeck-high flier tour: From Kolbnitz we use the â€śReiĂźeck cable carâ€ť to reach 2250 m above sea level. From there we continue on foot to the big ReiĂźeck (2965 m).
- â€śBella-Vistaâ€ť-fixed rope route: â€śBella Vistaâ€ť means â€śSplendid Viewâ€ť - and exactly itâ€™s the thing that expects us on our tour. The fixed rope route with severity C takes us across the northwest ridge to the â€śHohe Leierâ€ť (2774 m).