Hiking and climbing in the alps
in your holidays on the lake Ossiach in Carinthia
Enthusiastic hikers and mountain climbers enjoy our region with real pleasure. Peter Pölzl who for years has been experiencing the wonderful Carinthian mountain regions would like to take you to guided hikes in the valley, to enjoyable tours through the nature park Nockberge or to the breathtaking mountain experiences and demanding fixed rope routes adventures in the Mountains High Tauern.
The hiking services at the Hotel SeeRose
- Guided hiking tours and mountain hikes with Peter
- Fixed rope routes with Peter (only for trained persons)
- Journey to the guided tours with the hotel’s own bus
- Insiders tips for the most beautiful tours and inns for a relaxing break
- For guests that do not have experience with fixed rope routes we are pleased to organise a training at the “Alpinschule Sepp Egarter” in the rock climbing center Kanzianiberg on the Lake Faaker See.
The most popular tours of our current programme
- Waterways touring: Family touring on the Ossiacher See - Holiday Region’s valley bottom, voyage included
- Children’s hike: “In the search of the water buffalo”: exciting 4 km hike to the three waterfalls in the neighbouring place Sattendorf, return voyage with the ship
- Enjoyable tour National Park Nockberge: from the “Kohlweißhütte” (“Kohlweiß hut”) that is situated above 1500 m sea level to the Mirnock (2110 m) where we can enjoy a splendid view of the Lakes Millstätter See, Afritzer See and Feldsee.
- Reißeck-high flier tour: From Kolbnitz we use the “Reißeck cable car” to reach 2250 m above sea level. From there we continue on foot to the big Reißeck (2965 m).
- “Bella-Vista”-fixed rope route: “Bella Vista” means “Splendid View” - and exactly it’s the thing that expects us on our tour. The fixed rope route with severity C takes us across the northwest ridge to the “Hohe Leier” (2774 m).